19 Jan 10 Clues It’s Time to Hire a Marketing Firm
When starting a new business, your marketing budget is likely going to be slim to nonexistent and, for a while, your only option may be to handle marketing yourself. But when your business begins to find success and your workload increases, your marketing efforts may fall to the wayside. So how do you know if you could be ready to hire a marketing firm? Check out these clues.
- You’re turning a profit or have room in your budget to hire help, but you’re not ready to hire a full-time in-house marketing employee. Most marketing agencies have a plan that will fit your budget and you can trust the expertise behind your marketing plans.
- You’ve never heard of a meme, GIF or tweet.
- You don’t have a social media presence, website or proper Google listing.
- You have a Facebook, and perhaps even an Instagram, but you haven’t posted in months and your last post was a “Happy 4th of July” graphic you shared from your aunt’s page.
- You’re in the know about the benefits of Facebook, Instagram and other social media and digital marketing outlets, but you simply don’t have the time or manpower to do it yourself.
- Your business is profiting but sales have become stagnant and you don’t know how to begin to reach new customers.
- You enjoy getting emails from your physician’s office or favorite nonprofit and think emails would be a good way to reach your customer base but you also wonder why your physician keeps referring to male chimps when you ask them about the email program they use.
- You still think the yellow pages in the phone book is a great way to reach more people in your area.
- You’ve said yes to every ad sales agent that’s walked in your door and now you’re paying triple the amount you budgeted for advertising and can’t remember half of the newspapers or magazines your ad is featured in.
- You have customer and sales data but have no clue where to begin turning that data into a marketing strategy.